Emotional support for people concerned about their mental health or that of someone they know.
How can the Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline support me?
The Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline is for you if you are feeling concerned, worried, stressed or low, or if you are worried about someone you know. You may be going through a difficult time and feel that you have no one to talk to.
The Helpline can help you if you are:
- Aged over 18 and living in Staffordshire
- Feeling pressured
- In debt or worried about your finances
- Not coping
- Having a relationship or family breakdown
- Concerned about your physical or mental health
- Isolated or lonely
- Sad because someone has died
- Concerned about a friend, colleague or family member
- Looking after somebody and need some support
The Helpline will:
- LISTEN to your worried and concerns
- SUPPORT you when you need it most
- INFORM you about services that may be able to help
- HELP you to plan your next steps
The Helpline will not:
- Judge you
- Record you calls
- Know your number (unless you leave it for us to call you back)
Do you have a care plan, but need extra support?
The Helpline offers a Ring-Out Service, where we can call you over the weekend to offer extra support when other services are closed. This service might be helpful if you are going through a particularly stressful time, or when you are quite unwell and feel unable to make a call to us. You will need a referral for the Ring-Out Service from your G.P or someone involved in your care plan.
The Helpline also offers a Support Call Service, where the Helpline calls you during the week, for up to a week at a time. This is a short-term support service for if you are feeling particularly stressed or worried and need extra support. You will need a referral for the Support Call Service from your G.P or someone involved in your care plan.
How to contact the Helpline:
Call FREE from landlines and major mobile networks on 0808 800 2234
Text: 07860 022821
Instant Messaging Service (online chat): Go to the homepage of this website here and click on the Instant Messaging Service button
When is the Helpline open?
Every day of the year.
If you call out of hours, or if we are busy, you can leave your number with a message and we will call you back as soon as we can.
The Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline runs the Staffordshire Mental Health Directory, which details other services in your area that can offer support. You can visit the directory here.