What is Brighter Futures Academy?
Brighter Futures Academy was created to meet the unique training needs of our organisation, initially to deliver bespoke training for support staff around person centred and psychological theories of effective support, and in more recent years delivering a diverse range of training provision to our staff, volunteers, customers and partner organisations.
The Academy is recognised on the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) Register of Training Providers, and is an Approved Centre for two national awarding bodies; NOCN and NCFE and is also an approved provider with the CPD Standards Office.
All Brighter Futures Academy tutors are qualified to a minimum of Level 3 Award in Teaching, and have specialist knowledge and qualifications within the subjects they are responsible for delivering, to ensure dual professionalism standards are met effectively.
Tutors undertake specialist training, to enable them to engage positively with all learners; staff, volunteers and customers, and demonstrate a clear understanding of learner needs. This is evident in the excellent level of learner retention, achievement and success, as well as through evaluation feedback for every session delivered.
How can Brighter Futures Academy help me?
The Academy is focused on continuous improvement based upon feedback from partners, stakeholders and learners, and uses the feedback received to inform practice, and future programme content and delivery. Our comprehensive workshops and sessions provide detailed training in the following areas:
- Compliance: e.g. Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity, First Aid, Fire Marshal
- Support: e.g. Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, Transactional Analysis, Asset Approach
- Multiple & Complex Needs: e.g. Basic Counselling Skills, Hoarding & Squalor, Personality Disorder, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm Awareness, DV, Trauma Informed Practice, Reflective Practice
- Workplace Development: e.g. Customer Service, IAG, Assertiveness, AET,
- Welfare: Stress Awareness, Emotional Intelligence, Critical Incident Stress Management, Managing Volunteers
Subsequent training and facilitated reflective practice sessions can also be provided to broaden the level of expertise upon request. All courses can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation.
We provide training either on site for external organisations, at Brighter Futures Academy or other Brighter Futures services.
How do I contact Brighter Futures Academy?
For more information call 01782 406000.