‘ I was picked up on New Year’s Day. I was freezing I got a place to stay the same day’
Our Rough Sleepers Team offer help and support to anyone who is rough sleeping in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme.
HOW CAN THE ROUGH SLEEPERS TEAM HELP ME?
Our Rough Sleepers Team go out 365 days a year looking for people who are sleeping rough. Support is available seven days-a-week, 24-hours a day.
We can help with:
- Getting accommodation
- Claiming benefits
- Contacting and using other services
- Link in with drug and alcohol services
- Accessing GPs and healthcare
- Mental health support
HOW CAN I HELP SOMEONE SLEEPING ROUGH?
- If they’re sleeping rough in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme – ring us on: 0800 970 2304.
- For all other areas, please access the new and improved Streetlink platform at www.thestreetlink.org.uk
- Give a precise location of the person, including street, shop name, and postcode if possible.
- The team will visit the person on their next outreach
- If you feel comfortable, offer them a drink or food.
- Don’t offer them money – it’s better to have an understanding and be kind.
- If you wish to help by giving money donate at www.brighter-futures.org.uk