‘ I was picked up on New Year’s Day. I was freezing I got a place to stay the same day’
Our Rough Sleeper Team offer help and support to anyone who is homeless and sleeping rough in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme.
How can the Rough Sleeper Team help me?
Our Rough Sleeper Team go out 365 days a year looking for people who are sleeping rough. The team can work with you if you are homeless and sleeping rough to secure accommodation.
We can help with:
- Getting accommodation
- Claiming benefits
- Contacting and using other services
We can help you to access services such as drug and alcohol services, GPs and mental health support to help you to move away from the streets.
How can I help someone sleeping rough?
- Do they need medical help now? YES: Ring 999 NO: Call Us
- If they’re sleeping rough in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme – ring our Rough Sleeper Team on: 0800 970 2304. For all other areas, ring Streetlink: 0300 500 0914
- Offer them a drink or food. It’s more helpful than money.
- Donate at www.brighter-futures.org.uk
How to contact the Rough Sleeper Team:
The service offers a 24 hour FREEPHONE number – 0800 970 2304
During out of working hours please leave a message and the team will call you back as soon as they can. If you concerned about someone sleeping rough please leave enough detail that we can easily locate them. It helps us be able to reach as many people as possible.
More about the team
What our customers said