‘ I was picked up on New Year’s Day. I was freezing I got a place to stay the same day’
Our Rough Sleeper Team offer help and support to anyone who is homeless and sleeping rough in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme.
How can the Rough Sleeper Team help me?
Our Rough Sleeper Team go out 365 days a year looking for people who are sleeping rough. The team can work with you if you are homeless and sleeping rough to secure accommodation.
We can help with:
- Getting accommodation
- Claiming benefits
- Contacting and using other services
We can help you to access services such as drug and alcohol services, GPs and mental health support to help you to move away from the streets.
How can I help someone sleeping rough?
- Do they need medical help now? YES: Ring 999 NO: Call Us
- If they’re sleeping rough in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme – ring our Rough Sleeper Team on: 0800 970 2304. For all other areas, ring Streetlink: 0300 500 0914
- Offer them a drink or food. It’s more helpful than money.
- Donate at www.brighter-futures.org.uk
How to contact the Rough Sleeper Team:
The service offers a FREEPHONE number – 0800 970 2304. You will receive telephone support from staff at Brighter Futures 7 days a week 24 hours a day.
More about the team
What our customers said