Providing a safe, supportive environment for people in mental distress.
How can Safe Spaces help me?
Safe Spaces offers a safe space during the week and weekends when you’re in mental distress or crisis when a hospital admission is neither wanted or needed.
Safe Spaces can provide:
- Support and a listening ear during your stay
- Space to be alone if you wish
- Information and help to resolve your distress
- Activities and relaxation techniques
How do I access Safe Spaces?
- Mental Health Social worker or CPN
- Psychiatrist or GP
- Emergency Duty or Crisis Team
Once you have stayed with us, you can self-refer up to three times within a six month period.
What happens during my stay?
There are now two intakes for referrals during the week at Safe Spaces. After receiving your referral we’ll call you to let you now if you have a place.
You can stay with us up to three nights: